AMCCF foorumilogo
Normaali aihe Gen 1 V8 kannet 250-287-327 (Luettu 1397 kertaa)
juhap
Jätkä asuu täällä...
Toimikunta
Poissa

American

Sijainti: ruovesi
Sukupuoli: Mies
Gen 1 V8 kannet 250-287-327
18.04.23 klo 09:30:22
Tulosta viesti  
Kaivelin tietoja tuon vanhan kasin kansista.
Onko kokemuksia eri versioista?

Aika heikot virtauksethan noissa on verrattuna vaikka dogleg kansiin.

Tuommoinen vertailu tuli vastaan:

1) The '56-'62 250 CID V8 head has a more 'open' style chamber -done to reduce compression with the smaller 3.5" bore. Pics of this combustion chamber can be seen in SAE papers name "The New American Motors V8"

2) The '63-'65 287 Rambler V8 head may be the most desirable head of them all. Whereas I believe this head's valve seats are made 'flush'/same level as the spark plug area, which greatly simplifies the task of installing larger/oversize valves... I have seen pictures of such a head, but I can't positively verify this as absolute truth... I plan to investigate this RV8 more in the near future.

3) The '57-'65 327 Rambler V8 head has a higher compression shape than 250 chambers but has a recessed spark plug area ...with 'raised' valve seats/they are not level with the spark plug side of the chamber. -These heads are more difficult to install larger size valves because the valves should be 'sunk' to make the seats level with the rest of the chamber around the spark plug.

4) The '66-'67 Rambler V8 heads are the poorest choice for any higher performance Rambler V8 application because they have the 'horrible air injection bungs' made into the exhaust port passageway.

Ei pitäiskös ottaa hyllystä 287 kannet ja laittaa ne 327:n päälle? Mites ne suhtautuu noihin korkeampi puristeisiin mäntiin? Ottaako venat kiinni? Mittailin, että 2 mm on männän laki korkeammalla.

Jos nämä käy keskenään, niin hyvä. Sitten vielä 4-reikäinen imusarja, niin valtavaa voimaa ei mikään voi estää...

Sivun alkuun

IP kirjattu

KK
Jätkä asuu täällä...
Toimikunta
Poissa

Javelin AMX -71 rules!

Sijainti: Vantaa
Sukupuoli: Mies
Re: Gen 1 V8 kannet 250-287-327
Vastaus #1 - 18.04.23 klo 14:21:27
Tulosta viesti